Bringing unique experiences to life.
The most unique lifelong learning program in South Orange County.
At The Covington, Creative Living isn’t just about being creative with paint, clay, wood, or cut flowers. It’s about continuing to grow and live the life you want to live—exploring new ways of enjoying the things you love to do and discovering brand new passions and interests.
Attend. Teach. Lead. Explore. STRETCH.
Studies show that self-determination improves wellness and does immeasurable good for the mind, body and spirit. When you become part of The Covington community of vibrant neighbors and new friends, we won’t plan your calendar for you. Instead, we’ll ask you “What do you want to do?” And if your idea has never been done before, we’re ready to help you make it happen!Close
What is the Creative Living Academy?
- A lifelong learning model driven by residents, supported by staff, and enhanced by partnerships with a growing list of other leading not-for-profit community organizations.
- A volunteer group of resident Advisors who assist the development and oversight of the Academy.
- Diverse catalog of trimester offerings:
- An ever-changing variety of lectures, classes, workshops, trips, tours, interest discussion groups, and other special events
- Capitalizes on the “extensive human capital” of talents and life experiences of the residents who live in our community
- Residents of The Covington are encouraged to be our teachers and facilitators
“Learning never exhausts the mind.”
-Leonardo da Vinci
Painter, sculptor, architect, musician, engineer, inventor, mathematician, and scientist.
The Creative Living Academy vision:
The Covington Creative Living Academy will deliver diverse and stimulating opportunities for lifelong learning, growth, and fulfillment in an accessible atmosphere that is welcoming, inclusive, and respectful to all. To provide educational, cultural, and recreational offerings, we will harness the wealth of knowledge, talent, and experience of our residents, and collaborate with our partners and resources in the greater community.Close